This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Would you like to work in a FUN, FRIENDLY workplace with a FANTASTIC team? JOIN US !
The Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park is a smoke-free facility, the home of 1500 slot machines, an award winning 38 table poker room, 4 very popular restaurants and Florida's only harness race track.
We have built much of our success on the reputation of our team members and the many amenities offered throughout our property.
To ensure we deliver the highest standards and service, we are seeking an experienced
The Sous Chef is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of cooks and all workers engaged in preparing and cooking menu items.
- Establishes menu forecasts based on customer counts or business forecasts, previous experience of dates and holidays. Responsible for posting the menu forecast for all kitchen team members to review.
- Reviews staffing levels to maintain budget levels of employment and delegate's authority or assigns duties to all staff as necessary.
- Assists and advises upper management in developing staff, interviewing new hires, completing the hiring process, and all evaluations.
- Verifies that all portion sizes, quality standards, departmental rules, policies, and procedures are maintained by kitchen staff, and supervises the production of all food items.
- Verifies that all sanitation and nutrition practices are maintained by kitchen staff.
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and guests. Implements programs and processes to reduce loss time injuries.
- Meets with departmental directors and managers as necessary.
- Lift over 50 lbs.
At least 5 to 7 years' prior experience in supervising and coordinating the activities of cooks is required.
We offer competitive salary, benefits and a great job in a fantastic team.
If you share our passion for delivering the best service
we encourage you to apply today.
The Isle Casino Racing Pompano is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.