This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.
StarChefs.com, an online magazine for the culinary industry, is now accepting applications for a full-time position for Marketing and Group Sales Manager. This position will build and execute an event marketing strategy, with a focus on generation ticket sales and group sales for our annual International Chefs Conference. This position will also support the registration needs of the event. Housed in the Events Department, this position will contribute to the financial goals and the logistical needs of the event, as the date nears.
- Participate in idea generation, development and completion of action plans, marketing efforts, and promotions aimed at target markets
- Identify and pursue target market segments to create maximum revenues and profitability
- Follow up with all leads generated from staff
- Use focused and personal communication to increase large group and corporate registration
- Promote event on all relevant online platforms (blogs, email, and social networking sites)
- Report on ticket sales once a week and as needed
- Liaise with our online ticketing company (Cvent) to facilitate a smooth registration process for guests
- General event communications support as needed
- Minimum of two years previous sales and or marketing experience; we prefer experience with conferences, trade shows, food events, and/or the restaurant industry
- Prefer hotel industry and/or culinary industry experience working with large multi-unit operators
- Excellent customer service, solicitation, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Experience working on events is a plus
- Established food industry and multi-unit operator contacts is a plus
- Self-directed; highly organized, detail-oriented, strong project management skills, and able to work without close supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a non-traditional work environment
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and e-mail)
Please reply with cover letter outlining conference/tradeshow experience, food industry background and salary history and requirements.
StarChefs.com, the magazine for culinary insiders, has been serving the restaurant industry since 1995.
StarChefs.com's original culinary content is driven by in-person tastings and interviews across the world. Its mission is to catalyze culinary professionals' success and give them the tools they need to overcome their specific challenges. In addition to featuring top chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, StarChefs.com's JobFinder is the leading job board connecting culinary and hospitality professionals to careers in the foodservice industry.