This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America's most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977.
SUMMARY To supervise the kitchen and ensure that all menu items are prepared to specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
1. Practice and abide by all KSL Hotel del Coronado rules and regulations, safety and sanitation policies at all times.
2. Total ownership ensure all health safety regulations are in compliance at all times at a 95% or better for health scores
3. Achieve compliance with all Health Department regulations special attend to temperature control of heating, cooling, reheating, storage, dating rotation and holding temperatures. Regulating to include a temperature control log at all times
4. Achieve goals set for guest surveys in a particular category
5. Ownership ensure financial goals are achieved in safety, food cost %, labor cost % and associate injury %.
6. Ability to change menus seasonally and create best in class food product
7. Create and maintain recipe picture guides for all menu items using the existing format.
8. Consult Executive Chef if you are unsure of a particular task.
9. The hotel is open seven days per week, 24 hours per day. You may be asked to work hours other than scheduled.
10. Store all items in approved containers that are wrapped, dated and labeled. Do not store anything in cans.
11. Clean all small equipment such as mixers, buffalo choppers, etc., yourself immediately after using them.
12. Responsible for upholding quality standards, portion control, production level and presentation of food.
13. Cleanliness of the kitchen in adherence to all health regulations in food preparation, storage and service.
14. Attend all safety and departmental meetings.
15. Daily communication with the Chef regarding quality problems, customer comments, employee problems, specials, suggestions, etc.
16. Sees to the strict adherence to all menu and recipe specifications by all kitchen employees.
17. Responsible for utilization of left over food and proper production in accordance with forecasted business.
18. Supervises and approves requisitioning of all products from storeroom.
19. Responsible for security of kitchen at all times including food and liquor.
20. Train all associates on our policies, procedures and standards.
21. Work closely with other managers in the kitchen and other food and beverage department managers.
22. Responsible for month end inventory.
23. Be able to cover any station in the event of an emergency.
24. Ability to work under a multi task environment
25. Must be certified with a Food Handler's card or passed the Food Handlers test given by the hotel.
26. Must always maintain a safe work environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES To supervise all aspects of the kitchen and uphold quality and production standards. To insure that all KSL Hotel policies and procedures are strictly adhered to by all employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Apprenticeship or culinary trade school degree, four to five years in hotel kitchens with high volume and quality and previous supervisory experience.
Please apply directly at www.hoteldel.com/employment.aspx