| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Chef de Cuisine|
|Company Name:||Garces Group|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Iron Chef Garces is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Chef de Cuisine to join his dynamic team in Philadelphia ! |
Since opening his first restaurant, Amada, in 2005, Chef Jose Garces has emerged as an enormous talent and one of the nation's most gifted chefs and restaurateurs. His eponymous Garces Group operates restaurants in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Scottsdale, AZ; Palm Springs, CA; and Atlantic City, NJ. In addition to his duties as chef-owner, Chef Garces is the author of a stunning cookbook, Latin Evolution (Lake Isle Press, September 2008), with a second, The Latin Road Home, to be published by Lake Isle in fall 2012. He is a 2009 winner of the James Beard Foundation's prestigious "Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic" award and one of only eight chefs in the country to hold the prestigious title of Iron Chef. He regularly appears on the Food Network hit Iron Chef America, a role he earned after besting nine other competitors on The Next Iron Chef. In addition, Chef Garces is the owner of 40-acre Luna Farm in Bucks County, PA, where he and his team grow much of the produce for his Philadelphia restaurants.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the restaurant's food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. The expectation is to provide training for all kitchen staff, meet brand quality standards, establish food specifications, and enforce recipe and sanitation adherence.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
*Control food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
* Ensure quality and quantity of all purchases meet established standards and specifications
* Manage food cost, payroll and expenses per budget specifications
* Manage and measure performance of all kitchen associates, chefs, line cooks, etc.
* Orchestrate and be responsible for the daily and monthly inventory process
* Conduct pre-shift meetings and informs staff of specials, upcoming events, etc.
* Enforce safety and sanitation procedures throughout the kitchen and according to Company procedures
* Menu development and implementation
* Maintain and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures
* Develop training plans for the kitchen staff and ensures all kitchen staff are properly trained on food preparation, health and safety standards and requirements, and food quality
* 5 years of demonstrated experience in a high volume, fine dining, and culinary driven environment.
* Culinary degree
* Extensive knowledge of menu development and insight to marketing.
* Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper presentation.
* Food safety and sanitation certifications as required by Federal, State and Local regulations
* Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends
* Ability to verbally communicate with others in order to coach and lead
* Strong interpersonal, managerial and leadership skills required
To apply for the Chef de Cusine position please follow this link:
| || |
|Company Profile:||We are more than 1,150 hospitality professionals, from a wealth of different backgrounds and cultures, working in 15 award-winning restaurants and bringing our experience to bear as we prepare and serve the celebrated cuisine of Executive Chef Jose Garces|
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Chef de Cuisine|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Fine Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Pennsylvania|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED