| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Sweet Grass Dairy|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||The Chef is responsible for all aspects of preparing food on a daily basis. This person in this position will be responsible for managing food costs and overseeing the kitchen team including holding team members accountable. In collaboration with the owners, the Chef will create menus that utilize seasonal local ingredients to deliver unique, flavorful experiences to diners. |
This position requires an individual to be passionate and knowledgeable not only about cooking, but also about sustainable food choices and requires the Chef to foster relationships with farmers, fisherman, and artisans to source the best products available.
The Chef will be highly engaged with the "Front Of The House" (FOH) to help servers understand a dish's origins, character, and relationship to the restaurant and to the guest. This position will be responsible for creating menu items that meet various dietary restrictions of guests and staff (i.e., vegetarian, lactose intolerant, gluten-free, etc.). Finally, above all, the Chef's position will remain a collaborative, positive partnership between the kitchen team and our owners.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be given preference:
* A Culinary degree
* Five years minimum of practical hands-on experience
* Two years management experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced restaurant
* Serv-safe certified
Ideal candidates will have experience with and the ability to:
* Develop menus
* Create and manage kitchen schedules
* Work on budgets and food costing
* Manage a kitchen team and hold team members accountable
* Mentor and support kitchen team members
* Be a thoughtful and encouraging liaison between the FOH and Kitchen
* Work with the FOH to explain dishes and flavor profiles
Experience and skills for an ideal candidate include:
* Has worked multiple stations in the kitchen
* Must have knowledge of cooking procedures, safety and sanitation
* Must be an expert at preparing and executing key components of dishes
* Must be able to ensure quality of product and accuracy
* Must be detail-oriented
Physical Demands: Kitchen work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 75lbs. Additionally, given the nature of our operation, the work environment fluctuates in both temperature and humidity on regular basis. Individuals must be prepare to handle these conditions.
Hours: Full Time. 5 - 6 Days a week.
Compensation: Position will be salaried, however compensation is based upon experience.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid Drivers License required.
* Must be able to legally allowed to work in the U.S.
About Our Restaurant: Opening this fall, we will strive to create memorable experiences through straightforward dishes that highlight local ingredients, but also keep a keen eye on showcasing vibrant elements from throughout the world.
| || |
|Company Profile:||Opening this fall, we will strive to create memorable experiences through straightforward dishes that highlight local ingredients, but also keep a keen eye on showcasing vibrant elements from throughout the world.|
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Casual Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Georgia|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED