| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Executive Working Chef|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Waterfront Restaurant looking for Executive Working Chef |
We have a well established restaurant, and bar business. We are looking for an energetic Head Chef to take over our kitchen- a young professional looking to make his/her mark in the hospitality industry. looking for a team player, a Chef who puts the guest first and works closely with the Owner,GM, managers and staff to create the best experience for every diner while striving for the highest profitability. We are a great neighborhood restaurant that has been around for 17 years. The Restaurant's primary focus is seafood with contemporary flair. We are looking to take our Food to the next level by improving some items, and adding some new items, while possibly taking away other items.
-Waterfront restaurant with beautiful views, which mean summers get VERY busy.
-We would like to introduce a new waterfront patio this year, mainly during evenings and weekends from May ? September. Menu and staffing needed to bring that idea to fruition.
-Ability to handle private parties up to 60 in our separate dining room during peak season.
Here are the qualities we are looking for:
- Hands on Working Chef in the kitchen cooking, teaching, watching and leading his/her crew. All plates must be perfect!
- Efficiency: Our prime candidate pays very close attention to costs and takes measures to ensure money is not being wasted but not at the expense of quality or portion sizes.
- Creativity: We are looking to change it up a bit and the right candidate will have knowledge of the "new" ingredients being used by top Chefs today. -Culinary degree preferred, but not required.
If you are currently employed by another company, we promise absolute discretion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
- Managing all kitchen staff, assigning their work on an ongoing basis and ensuring all stations remain properly set up and stocked before and during service periods to meet high volume requirements
- Hiring, firing, training, supervising and disciplining employees, determining and setting their daily and special occasion assignments
- Reviewing menus, analyzing recipes, determining food, labor, and overhead costs, and costing menu items. Creation of daily specials, special occasion menus, staff meal schedule and smart utilization of food surpluses. Verifying that kitchen staff follows all procedures dictated by the company.
- Setting excellent customer service and work examples (timeliness, grooming, ethics, communication and cooperation)
- Actively participating as a member of the management team
- Actively monitoring staffing levels to minimize cost, increase productivity and match business requirements. Proactively managing kitchen labor costs.
- Maintaining strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of employees at different skills levels and varied backgrounds; maintains a professional team oriented staff.
- Maintaining and enforcing proper time keeping policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe, orderly and sanitary kitchen (prep, storage, dish and garbage areas) emulating HACCP.
- Placing orders and receiving product (food & supplies), verifying invoices for pricing and quantities received and for freshness.
Position REQUIREMENTS include:
- Solid experience in a full-service, high-volume restaurants.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work load
- Strong leadership, organizational and coaching skills
- Proficient in creating menus, tracking inventory & purchases, monitoring staffing levels, creating detailed recipes, Tech savy?
- Ability to dedicate extra hours when the workload necessitates
Compensation: 75k plus depending on resume and experience, Health Care Plan, bonus based on contributions to the success of the business will be considered.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Executive Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Upscale Casual|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||7-10 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Northeast, USA; Connecticut|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED