| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Cooks / 1500 Ocean Supervisor|
|Company Name:||Hotel Del Coronado|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||SUMMARY |
Prepares, cooks, and serves meals as directed by Sous Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned:
1. Practice and abide by all KSL Hotel del Coronado rules and regulations, safety and sanitation policies at all times.
2. Ensure all health safety regulations are in compliance at all times at a 95% or better for health scores
3. Achieve compliance with all Health Department regulations special attention to temperature control of heating, cooling, reheating, storage, dating rotation and holding temperatures. Regulating to include a temperature control log at all times
4. Ability to assist in changing menus seasonally and create best in class food product
5. Ability to perform 75% of job duties/functions unsupervised
6. Responsible for full knowledge of menu and recipes.
7. Complete daily job tasks including preparation of menu items without constant supervision.
8. Maintain daily prep sheets, order sheets, and establishing pars
9. Maintain daily product freshness on hot line, pantry, and pastry station.
10. Communicate to Supervisors and Sous Chefs the needs and requirements of the kitchen.
11. Adhere and maintain work areas to all Health and Safety regulations at all times
12. Consult your supervisor if you are unsure of a particular task.
13. The hotel is open seven days per week, 24 hours per day. You may be asked to work hours other than scheduled.
14. Store all items in approved containers that are wrapped, dated and labeled. Do not store anything in cans.
15. Be at your work station at the time you are scheduled. Follow the time clock procedures by punching in up to seven minutes prior to your shift and punching out up to seven minutes following your shift.
16. Clean all small equipment such as mixers, buffalo choppers, etc., immediately after using them.
17. Responsible for upholding quality standards, portion control, production level and presentation of food.
18. Cleanliness of the kitchen in adherence to all health regulations in food preparation, storage and service.
19. Attend all safety and departmental meetings.
20. Follow hotel recipe specifications and presentation guidelines exactly.
21. Prep banquet items as listed on production sheet. Check off and initial items completed. Cover, date and label prepped items.
22. Assist where needed when work is completed. Do not leave your work area unless all tasks are completed and you have checked with your supervisor.
23. Keep all finished production neat, orderly and in proper location in walk-ins.
24. Communicate with supervisors regarding banquet functions, special functions, daily pars, production problems, etc.
25. Ability to work under a multi task environment
26. Must be certified with a Food Handler's card or passed the Food Handlers test given by the hotel.
27. Must always maintain a safe work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 5 years experience in kitchen operation of a hotel, restaurant or club.
Please apply directly at www.hoteldel.com/employment.aspx
| || |
|Company Profile:||Hospitality Resort & Spa built in 1888, this classic beachfront respite near San Diego, California has long been heralded as one of America's most beautiful beach resorts. A pronouncement underscored by its designation as a National Historic Landmark in 1977.|
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Resort|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED