Responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Will be assisting with all overall culinary supervision promoting a fun and creative working environment. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional bakery items
Food & Beverage Pastry Cooks receive a starting rate of $12.68 per hour.
* Knowledge of some pastry techniques, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing
* Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
* May cook, mix and/or season ingredients when preparing bakery items (i.e. muffins, Danishes , cakes, restaurant items, banquet orders, ice cream or sorbet)
* Knowledge and understanding of tools, measurements, ingredients, equipment, small wares and cooking required for a bakery
* Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
* Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
* Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
* Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
* Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) procedures
* You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role. * Experience in culinary field/high volume bakery 2 years * Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment * Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment * Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen * Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction * Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, seven (7) days a week including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
Preferred Qualifications * Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent * Recommendation from school * Food Safety Certification or equivalent * Bilingual preferred
For more information and to apply, visit: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25348&siteid=5046&jobid=46444
Disney is an EOE. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Dreams. That's what you will find at the Disneyland? Resort. There are many guest service and entertainment roles in which our cast members bring Disney dreams to life. From our enchanted Theme Parks and world-class hotels to our spectacular shows and beloved character, Disneyland? cast members have a world of opportunity, and take pride in turning dreams into realities.