| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.|
We are looking for an upbeat, food-savvy, energetic food lover to join the editorial department at StarChefs.com.
The position is comparable to an editorial assistant gig at Gourmet, Food & Wine, etc - the difference is that we are a small, dynamic, not-at-all corporate company that deals with the chefs, restaurants, and the culinary industry, not consumers. What does that mean on a daily basis? It means you'll be an integral part of a hands-on editorial team that works with some of the most exciting and creative aspects of the culinary world.
- preparing the editorial team for tasting trips (includes culinary, travel, and chef research)
- fact checking
- writing and publishing (and possibly re-designing) our bi-monthly newsletter (circulation 60,000)
- answering Ask the Experts questions
- editing bios and interviews
- maintaining our tasting database and interview database
- creating chef-based trivia questions
- recipe permissions
- chef communication for Rising Stars and the International Chefs Congress
- plus numerous autonomous projects that we've got up our sleeves.
What we are looking for:
- at least 1 year of experience in some facet of the culinary industry, preferably fine dining
- a journalism, English, history or related writing-focused college degree
- energy, dedication, and - most importantly - passion for the industry
- the ability to stay highly organized, and to multi-task
- self-editing skills
- an outgoing personality (we are an open office, and you will be talking to chefs and PR reps on a regular basis)
| || |
|Company Profile:||StarChefs.com, the magazine for culinary insiders, has been serving the restaurant industry since 1995. |
StarChefs.com's original culinary content is driven by in-person tastings and interviews across the world. Its mission is to catalyze culinary professionals' success and give them the tools they need to overcome their specific challenges. In addition to featuring top chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, StarChefs.com's JobFinder is the leading job board connecting culinary and hospitality professionals to careers in the foodservice industry.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Journalist/Food Writer|
|Start Date: ||Autumn|
|Job Category: ||Publishing|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||1 year|
|Education: ||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Northeast, USA; New York|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED