This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Job Title: General Manager, Tallgrass Taphouse Reports to: Icon Restaurants Business Development Manager, Tara Davis Location: Manhattan, KS
The General Manager ensures that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos. They are responsible for the business performance of their restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, beer, service, health and safety. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Key Responsibilities and Position Summary:
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews: preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with Chef and Brewmaster; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus
- Controls costs by review portion control and qualities of preparations; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations to the alcoholic beverage commission
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement, monitoring food presentation and service
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership, people management, teamwork
- Self-motivated, high energy level
- Excellent communication, customer service oriented
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business Management