| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Pyramid Hotel Group|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Pyramid Hotel Group is a progressive and dynamic organization that operates hotels and critically acclaimed high volume, upscale casual and fine dining restaurants throughout the United States. We have a team of talented, dedicated professionals who deliver a world class dining experience for our guests. |
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Chef to join our team at our recently renovated Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Airport Hotel which boasts 802 guest rooms and over 50,000 square feet of meeting space located in Los Angeles, California
The primary objective of the Executive Chef is to create and maintain a food identity equal to the demands of highly distinguished guests. This position is a working and supervisory management position. This position empowers the Executive Chef to make on the spot management decisions as they relate to the appearance and quality of all food products, the security of our perishable and equipment assets, and the productivity and quality of work performed by all kitchen employees. You will be expected to both lead and participate in decisions and discussions that have operational and financial implications.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Director
- Responsible for the smooth operation of all kitchen functions
- Monitor quality and presentation of all food products
- Manage new menu development in conjunction with FB Director
- Manage food production to meet the needs of the catering, dining venues, room service, and lobby bar
- Organize and lead daily pre-meal food tastings and discussions
- Responsible for procurement of products required to maintain continuity of the required level of quality and compliance with Corporate purchasing guidelines
- Schedule, manage and develop all kitchen employees
- Manage budgeting, forecasting of all kitchen and labor expenses
- Assist in the deployment and the management of all company policy changes
- 5 years experience as an Executive Chef in a quality hotel with multiple restaurant venues
and large catering operation
- Culinary degree preferred
- Respond well to the changing environments of the kitchen, i.e. noise, temperature, etc.
- Strong organizational, decision making, time management, communication and leadership skills.
- Flexibility and creativity in menu development and special pricing in order to close on some catering business directly with the customer is a must.
- Must be a team player and understand the objectives of the entire Food and Beverage operation including hotel catering, room service, restaurants, lobby bar and Starbuck's cafe.
| || |
|Company Profile:||Pyramid Hotel Group is a privately held full-service hotel company based in Boston, MA. Pyramid provides Hotel management, Project management, Asset management and Acquisition Services. Pyramid?s principals have over 25 years of experience in successfully acquiring, repositioning and managing hotel real estate assets. Pyramid Hotel Group employs approximately 7,200 employees and has over $7.0 billion of hotel real estate currently under management. As hotel owners, Pyramid is aligned with the owners' interests. Pyramid sources, advises and jointly invests in both stand alone and portfolio acquisitions with its partners. Clients and partners include large institutional investors, corporations, universities and individual owners. With five former hospitality CEOs or Presidents on the Pyramid team, clients and employees have access to an unparalleled depth and diversity of senior executive skill, judgment and strategic thinking.|
Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Executive Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Hotel|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED