This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Corporate Executive Chef
An opportunity to join early stage fast-casual Asian fusion and sushi restaurant in Silicon Valley. We plan to scale to hundreds of locations.
We are looking to hire a talented culinary professional who believes in our mission to use and purchase sustainable local products and ingredients to create our menus. We are looking for someone who understands the principles of scaling and can play an important role to get us there. This is a position that will be based out of the Bay Area, California. This position requires candidates to have a US work permit.
- Solid hotel background and/or high-volume, multi-unit restaurant experience or positioned prior as a corporate chef
- Degree in culinary arts from an accredited University preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong working knowledge of preparing sushi rice, nori and seafood to be used in maki rolls as is typical in Japanese cuisine
- Comfortable operating a Central Kitchen and staff as well as creating a system for additional satellite units to operate
- Comfortable with prepping food on a large scale while keeping strong focus on food cost
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sustainability with regards to agriculture, sea-life and their importance locally for a community and nationally as it pertains to building a nationally recognized chain
- Labor Control- including hiring, scheduling, training, reducing labor costs and accountability for keeping within the established labor budget. Understand staggering employee work schedules to maximize work and minimize costs
- Food control- including training of employees regarding food preparation and usage, ordering of food when needed, minimize waste and spoilage, remain within established budget for food items
- Ensure that Health Department guidelines are followed in the kitchen. Staff must be trained and frequently double-checked to ensure the kitchen is held to the highest health standards
- Chef and Managers will meet conduct daily and weekly meetings to discuss purveyors, cost of food items, cost of menu items and kitchen needs & concerns
- Performance - including food quality, staying within labor and food costs budgets, reducing wastage & spoilage of food, keeping safeguards in place to reduce loss of food, maintaining kitchen equipment in good working order and meeting requirements of the Health Department
- Food deliveries and inventory: Chef is responsible to check all deliveries at time of arrival and keep check of inventory levels, storage and transportation