| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Topnotch Resort|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Only online applications will be accepted.|
To assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef with supervision, coordination and food production of the kitchen's pastry program to insure cost effective production of the highest quality food and maintain high sanitary standards following health department regulations. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and include weekends and holidays.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and ensure proper operation of pastry production and execution
2. Assist in hiring kitchen staff with the assistance of the Executive Chef, Sous Chef and Human Resources.
3. Monitor and enforce hotel policies and procedures pertaining to food and beverage staff.
4. Assist with inventories, purchasing and disbursement of all food, paper goods, chemicals and other food related products.
5. Monitor guest satisfaction levels, in terms of quality, value, variety and timeliness.
6. Assist Executive chef with writing, planning and costing of dessert menus for restaurant, banquets, holiday?s or other special events.
7. Assist with controlling food cost by purchasing wisely, pricing appropriately, portioning accurately, and limiting waste.
8. Manage proper requisitioning of necessary supplies through use of purchase orders.
9. Ensure all equipment for the kitchens are maintained and stored properly.
10. Maintain high level of sanitation as prescribed by local health department and company standards.
11. Assist and implement promotional programs on an ongoing basis.
12. Monitor inventory to ensure that stock is rotated properly to avoid loss due to spoilage and ensure reusable items are returned to stock.
13. Attend all departmental and organizational meetings.
14. Assist in the training and supervision of all kitchen staff
15. Coordinate pastry operations with restaurant managers, banquet manager other hotel managers and outside vendors.
16. Assist in training of wait staff regarding ingredients, kitchen procedures and table service.
17. Participate in hotel recycling program.
18. All other duties as assigned by the General Manager and Executive Chef.
19. Conduct and attend meetings on a regular basis to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
20. Maintain safe work environment free of hazards and take necessary steps to correct any issues immediately.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Pastry Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Resort|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Vermont|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED