This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Position: Pastry Cook / Chocolatier
Department: Chocolate Shop
Reports To: Frederic Loraschi Chef / Owner
Pastry Cook Chocolatier responsibilities include preparing quality Chocolate items such as truffles, bars, Bonbons, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
2. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and company requirements.
3. Communicate with Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
4. Complete Opening Duties: a. Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies. b. Check production schedule and par. c. Establish priority items for the day. d. Inform Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
5. Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to company standards.
6. Inform Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
7. Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and company requirements.
8. Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
To perform this job successfully candidate must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
Education: High School diploma or associate / bachelor degree in baking and pastry arts training preferred.
License/Certification: Food handling certificate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the pastry cook / chocolatier in this position. Pastry cook Chocolatier can be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Frederic Loraschi Chocolate is a high end chocolate manufacturing company. Voted top 10 Chocolatiers in North America in 2011, Frederic Loraschi Chocolate sell retail online and supply luxury hotels and catering companies nationwide.