| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Seeking Pastry Chef in San Francisco|
Our restaurant is located in San Francisco and features ingredient-driven, progressive American cuisine combining both classic French technique and modern cooking technologies. We change our entire a la carte menu every season and offer a chefs tasting menu.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for collaborating with the executive chef on menu design and production for the pastry station and all aspects of food production including quality assurance, cost control, employee relations and related tasks as it pertains to the pastry department.
The Pastry Chef will need to have a superior knowledge of pastry techniques including the principles and formulas concerning starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs and flavorings. He/she must also have the ability to multitask and work under pressure in a high volume, fast paced environment.
A minimum of 3 years of pastry experience is required, with at least 1 year of management experience in a Michelin rated restaurant or fine dining establishment.
We are medium-sized restaurant and you will be working very closely with the executive chef, owners and managers?good attitude is crucial to a cohesive, successful team.
Our concept features an open kitchen so cleanliness, professional demeanor, good hygiene, and the ability/interest to interact with and engage guests is very important.
- A proven commitment to seasonality, elegance and attention to detail with all of your work.
- Willingness and dedication to learn and grow professionally
- Interest/Experience with unique/artisan ingredients.
- This is a full time position, which entails daily pastry production and service, 5 days per week, which includes weekends and holidays.
- Oversight with our Sous Chef with various aspects of ordering, kitchen maintenance, hygiene, organization, team leading and staff supervision.
- Team oriented attitude
-You play nice with others.
- Able to perform the basic physical functions of the job such as standing for hours at a time, lifting items up to 50 pounds.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Culinary degree or Bachelors degree
- High level of cleanliness and organization skills
Thanks for your interest; we look forward to discussing the position.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Pastry Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Fine Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||3 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED