| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort|
| || |
|Position Description:||Purpose: Under the direction of the executive chef, to assist the chef, provide quality food to guests in Snowbird seasonal or casual restaurants while always striving to decrease costs and oversee kitchen operations in the chef?s absence. Works with Chef to coordinate and communicate with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.|
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2. Assists Chef in providing directional flow of kitchen during prep and service.
3. Assists Chef in planning and supervising all work done by kitchen employees.
4. Works with Chef to oversee and evaluate employee work performance. Recommends promotion, transfer or termination of employees based on performance evaluation.
5. Responsible for food cost, kitchen labor and all kitchen operating expenses.
6. Works with Chef to design menus and create recipes.
7. Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees throughout the kitchen.
8. Responsible for ordering, receipt and storage of all kitchen equipment including FFE to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
9. Maintains daily records including daily sales and payroll and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements. Completes nightly reports. Reviews daily sales. Adjusts scheduling according to labor and sales figures.
10. Works with Chef to provide on-going employee training.
11. Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems. Handles guest concerns in a professional manner.
12. Maintains line of communication between Bar, Dining Room and Administrative Office.
Guest Contact: indirect and occasional
Internal Contacts: co-workers, management and other departments
External Contacts: guest contact, vendors, outside maintenance
Supervision/Management: in absence of chef, direct and continuous
Experience: 1-3 years experience in supervisory/management kitchen position.
Specific Requirements: must have a Food Handler?s Permit; demonstrates commitment to guest satisfaction and positive employee and company relations.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
Interactive Competencies: must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, listening and oral communication skills, also conflict management and dispute resolution skills; must demonstrate ability to lead, motivate, develop and counsel employees.
Technical Competencies: must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing; must demonstrate ability to design and cost menus and recipes; must demonstrate proficiency in handling all kitchen equipment; must demonstrate ability to multi-task, i.e., direct staff activities while maintaining interactions between the dining room and the bar; must demonstrate ability to prepare and analyze monthly financial statements.
Administrative Competencies: requires exercise of judgement within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval; requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations; requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
Working Hours: varies, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on the operation?s hours
Physical Conditions: requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time; must be able to lift 25+ pounds; must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Mental Conditions: may experience stress from continual work with public; may experience stress from commute and/or snow night occurrences.
| || |
|Company Profile:||Snowbird is one of the top ski resorts in the country, with award winning sking, dining, and lodging.|
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Resort|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||3 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Utah|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED