| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Chef de Cuisine|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Boston Chops, An Urban Steak Bistro in Boston's historic South End, a New Restaurant from Boston Urban Hospitality (Christopher Coombs // Brian Piccini of Deuxave & dbar)) is now accepting Resumees for Chef Positions.|
Qualifications Should Include:
* Ability to lead a team of 16 cooks
* Coordinates and assists in the preparation of all food production maintaining fine dining standards of quality.
* Supervise kitchen staff to ensure all proper safety and food sanitation procedures are met.
* Assists in the interviewing, hiring, supervising, training, motivating, and performance management of kitchen staff in conjunction with Executive Chef/Owner.
* Leads daily production meetings with kitchen staff.
* Trains and develops all kitchen staff preparation and presentation consistency.
* Assists Executive Chef/Owner in maintaining daily food procurement and preparation system, including production sheets, order sheets, recipes and menus.
* Maintains sanitation and safety standards at all times in the kitchen, and you know how to run a super clean kitchen.
* Cook, Plate, Expedite Nightly!
* Demonstrates leadership ability and supervisory skills to plan work, monitor progress and provide guidance to staff.
* Mathematical abilities to proportionally adjust recipes as needed and calculate purchasing amounts.
* Good judgment & the ability to work as a team player with other staff, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn inventory control and web-based ordering systems.
* Understand Moderate volume (100-300 covers nightly) all scratch production experience is essential.
* Desire to learn and grow with a leading Small Restaurant Group.
* Manage All Food, Paper, and Chemical Ordering, Keep Everything Fresh and Minimize Waste.
* Quality Control of all Products Raw and Prepared
*Taste everything daily on each Station, Either Through Station checks, and tasting sets during service. Understand Standards and hold cooks to them, (label, date, initials)
*Maintain management Organization of all Refrigeration, Freezers, Stations and Dry Storage Areas at all times delegate responsibility accordingly.
* Responsible for overall quality of food product, presentation, and timing
* Understand food allergies and when concerns lie in all preparation in the kitchen. Keep SafeServe and Allergen Training Certifications Current.
* Maintain acceptable Food and labor costs.
* Strong ability to Butcher, Strong Cooking Ability
* Experience with Sous Vide cooking // Maintaining HACCP Standards.
* Strong Understanding of the Cow
| || |
|Company Profile:||Boston Urban Hospitality (Deuxave, Boston Chops, dbar) Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Chef Chris Coombs are excited to announce plans for expansion in the Boston area. The inspiration behind Deuxave's American/French Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting.|
HOURS OF OPERATION
Deuxave, Restaurant & Bar is located at 371 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston's historic and trendy Back Bay. Deuxave is open for Dinner Sunday thru Wednesday from 5:00 PM-10:00 PM and Thursday thru Saturday 5:00 PM-11:00 PM. The BAR is open until 1am daily.
THE MENU & CUISINE
Chef/Owner Christopher Coombs, who has designed and built his "dream" kitchen at Deuxave has created a menu that is designed to be fine dining with high value - entrees average around $35 for the highest quality foods. Deuxave also features a nightly $99 tasting menu to allow guests to explore all there is to offer. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting.
Chef de Cuisine Stefanie Bui. Stefanie was hired as a line cook at No. 9 Park, working under Chef John DaSilva and Patrick Campbell. Stefanie stayed for three years and earned a sous chef role before joining Chris Coombs? award winning team at Deuxave. Stefanie is passionately in love with the atmosphere in the kitchen because it?s where she feels most at home and in an environment where she can thrive. When Stefanie started her career at Radius, she was working with Adrienne Mosier (now Executive Chef of Deuxave). Stefanie was recently promoted to Chef de Cuisine to support our growing restaurant group.
THE WINE & DRINK PROGRAM
General Manager/Sommelier/Owner Jason Irving, formally of the Four Seasons?s Aujourd?hui, is one of Boston?s most respected wine enthusiasts. Jason is an anomaly in the restaurant world: an accountant by trade, with a Masters in Finance. In 2008, Jason accepted the position at Sommelier at the Four Season?s Aujourd?hui and remained until 2010. Jason earned his Certified Sommelier title while at the Four Seasons. Jason opened Deuxave in 2010 after being recruited by Chef Chris Coombs. Jason has worked to create an extensive wine program that has become a local favorite. Deuxave plans on constantly expanding their wine program and is in the process of building a 5000 bottle wine cellar. Jason earned the ?Best of Award of Excellence? in 2015. After 5 years of running the locally acclaimed restaurant, Jason became a business partner in Deuxave and is excited to continually grow and enhance the dining experience at Deuxave.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Chef de Cuisine|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Upscale Casual|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Massachusetts|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED