| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Chef de Cuisine|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Boston Chops, An Urban Steak Bistro in Boston's historic South End, a New Restaurant from Boston Urban Hospitality (Christopher Coombs // Brian Piccini of Deuxave & dbar)) is now accepting Resumees for Chef Positions.|
Qualifications Should Include:
* Ability to lead a team of 16 cooks
* Coordinates and assists in the preparation of all food production maintaining fine dining standards of quality.
* Supervise kitchen staff to ensure all proper safety and food sanitation procedures are met.
* Assists in the interviewing, hiring, supervising, training, motivating, and performance management of kitchen staff in conjunction with Executive Chef/Owner.
* Leads daily production meetings with kitchen staff.
* Trains and develops all kitchen staff preparation and presentation consistency.
* Assists Executive Chef/Owner in maintaining daily food procurement and preparation system, including production sheets, order sheets, recipes and menus.
* Maintains sanitation and safety standards at all times in the kitchen, and you know how to run a super clean kitchen.
* Cook, Plate, Expedite Nightly!
* Demonstrates leadership ability and supervisory skills to plan work, monitor progress and provide guidance to staff.
* Mathematical abilities to proportionally adjust recipes as needed and calculate purchasing amounts.
* Good judgment & the ability to work as a team player with other staff, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn inventory control and web-based ordering systems.
* Understand Moderate volume (100-300 covers nightly) all scratch production experience is essential.
* Desire to learn and grow with a leading Small Restaurant Group.
* Manage All Food, Paper, and Chemical Ordering, Keep Everything Fresh and Minimize Waste.
* Quality Control of all Products Raw and Prepared
*Taste everything daily on each Station, Either Through Station checks, and tasting sets during service. Understand Standards and hold cooks to them, (label, date, initials)
*Maintain management Organization of all Refrigeration, Freezers, Stations and Dry Storage Areas at all times delegate responsibility accordingly.
* Responsible for overall quality of food product, presentation, and timing
* Understand food allergies and when concerns lie in all preparation in the kitchen. Keep SafeServe and Allergen Training Certifications Current.
* Maintain acceptable Food and labor costs.
* Strong ability to Butcher, Strong Cooking Ability
* Experience with Sous Vide cooking // Maintaining HACCP Standards.
* Strong Understanding of the Cow
| || |
|Company Profile:||Co-Owners Brian Piccini and Executive Chef Christopher Coombs are excited to announce the opening of their newest venture, the highly anticipated Deuxave, Restaurant & Bar in Boston?s Back Bay. The inspiration behind the restaurant's American Nouveau Cuisine is seasonality, with a focus on working with the finest farms and purveyors, sourcing out the freshest, local ingredients and amplifying their magnificence. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting. Deuxave's (pronounced doo-ave) name plays homage to its location. Located at the corner of Boston's two prominent avenues, Commonwealth and Massachusetts, Deuxave, is the duos answer to a fine neighborhood restaurant, a place where patrons from near and far will truly feel at home and want to frequent again and again. The duo are also behind Dorchester's wildly popular and award wining dbar where Piccini, the owner, and Coombs, the executive chef, recently cracked the coveted top 10 list for "Best Overall" restaurant in Boston.|
HOURS OF OPERATION
Deuxave, Restaurant & Bar is located at 371 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston?s historic and trendy Back Bay. Deuxave is open for DINNER Sunday thru Wednesday from 5:00 PM-10:00 PM and Thursday thru Saturday 5:00 PM-11:00 PM. The BAR is open until 1am daily.
THE MENU & CUISINE
Executive Chef Christopher Coombs, who has designed and built his "dream" kitchen at Deuxave has created a menu that is designed with an affordable price point, with high value - entrees average around $26, offering an excellent value for the highest quality foods. The cuisine is strongly rooted in the nouvelle techniques of contemporary French cuisine, married with the splendor of American ingredients in a refined, but casual setting.
THE WINE & DRINK PROGRAM
General Manager/Sommelier Jason Irving, formally of the Four Seasons's Aujourdhui, is one of Boston's youngest and most respected wine enthusiasts. Irving has worked to create an extensive wine program that is sure to become a local favorite - patrons are sure to relish in Irving's passion for the art of pairing wine and food.
The wine list at Deuxave boasts about 350 bottles, including 20 wines available by the glass, that is strongly routed in France, but also consists of wines selected from around the world. All diners will be able to find the perfect wine for their evening, no matter what the occasion or price point. The list will include both value driven affordable wines and top rated highly rare bottles. Deuxave plans on constantly expanding their wine program and is in the process of building a 5000 bottle wine cellar.
Deuxave will also offer an exciting and energetic bar scene. The bar and beverage program will be headed up by Vincent Stipo. Stipo, a rising force in the industry, brings his passion and expertise from Eastern Standard where he spent the previous three years. The bar will offer the full menu, and feature craft cocktails using unique, fresh flavors and a selection of both local and Belgian style brews.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Chef de Cuisine|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Upscale Casual|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Massachusetts|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED