This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.
The Palms Hotel & Spa features a "natural gourmet" restaurant and lounge. The hotel features 251 guest rooms boasting impressive views of the ocean, located on the northern, tranquil side of South Beach.
The Palms culinary concept, is activelly searching for a very knowledgeable, skilled and passionate Pastry Chef that can help lead our Pastry and Bakery Shop team as well as anticipate, meet and exceed our guest's expectations.
This exciting opportunity is for a highly motivated and service oriented professional with a strong background of independently producing contemporary desserts using modern techniques and high caliber ingredients with a commitment to quality.
The Pastry Chef will be accountable for control of food/labor costs, pastry and bread product quality/ quantity, and coordination of pastry and bread production for all Food & Beverage outlets. He/She must maintain payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines, develop new dessert/pastry/bread products for outlets and maintain high quality and cost control.
* Culinary degree preferred
* Previous experience as a Pastry Chef in a 4-5 star hotel environment
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
* The individual must have excellent organizational & communication skills; hands-on; proven leadership skills; strong commitment to guest service; attention to detail; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; open-minded; good work ethic;
* Team player and self-starter who refuses to compromise quality.
** Local candidates only will be considered. No relocation benefits available** EEOE/DFWP
The Palms Hotel & Spa features 251 guestrooms that combines exceptional service, laid-back sophistication and oceanfront serenity into a destination where complete wellness and environmental awareness are at the center of each guest experience. Privately owned and managed for more than 20 years, our AAA Four Diamond hotel is a distinguished member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, extensive meeting and event facilities, a signature ?natural gourmet? restaurant and an AVEDA lifestyle spa - all inspired by the beauty of the nature surrounding our sanctuary.