Fine Dining Dinner Cook- Part Time, Disneyland Resort
Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.
Experienced Dinner/Fine Dining Cooks, are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. They are also responsible for overseeing all daily operations all restaurant locations and will be assisting with all overall culinary supervision promoting a fun working environment. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation.
Dinner Cook Cast Members receive a starting rate of $12.80/hr.
* Knowledge of all cooking techniques such as braising, baking, roasting (oven or rotating spit) and high level skillet/saute work
* Proficient in all stations in the kitchen and multiple cooking skills including: Pastry, Saute, Fry, Grill, Pantry, Prep and Expo positions
* Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
* May create intricate specialty hors d'oeuvres (garde manger work) for high-end banquets and fine dining
* Proven ability to create menus, recipes & production procedures
* May be required to write and price custom menus for banquet events
* Ability to inventory product, read menus (BEOs, Private Dining Orders, Restaurant Orders) and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
* Responsible for weekly schedules and daily food orders
* Assist with providing overall culinary supervision including recognition programs and appreciation events
* Partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/product knowledge to ensure smooth operation
* Maintains standards and specifications related to food preparation/handling on a daily basis
* Execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for each menu item including timing, quality, temperature, portion and presentation
* Knowledge and thorough understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
* Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
* Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications
* Ability to handle special dietary requests and to work with guests requiring special requests due to dietary concerns
* Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
* Understands the purpose of the knife and when to use it
* Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
* Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guests and fellow cast members
* Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
* Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
* Food Safety Certification or equivalent
* Schedule flexibility
* You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
* This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
* Culinary Education Degree or equivalent * Certification from CIA or Equivalent * Minimum 2- 3 years experience in a fine dining environment * Basic wine knowledge * School Recommendation * Bilingual * Full availability SEVEN (7) days a week is preferred
Disney is an EOE.
Dreams. That's what you will find at the Disneyland? Resort. There are many guest service and entertainment roles in which our cast members bring Disney dreams to life. From our enchanted Theme Parks and world-class hotels to our spectacular shows and beloved character, Disneyland? cast members have a world of opportunity, and take pride in turning dreams into realities.