| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Senior Banquet Chef|
|Company Name:||Marriott International|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||The Memphis Marriott Downtown located at 250 North Main Street is currently hiring for a SENIOR BANQUET CHEF managing a large culinary team in a fast-paced environment.|
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong background in culinary AND management
- Be able to think on their feet
- Experience with High Volume preferably in a convention hotel setting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior customer relations skills, able to interact with meeting planners
- Financial knowledge
Responsibilities include: Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
You must apply online to be considered.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the Apply Now. Then under Management Positions Worldwide, enter Job Opening number 120004E9. If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a User Name and Password. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Benefits include: Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts and Credit Union. Best of all?Hotel Discounts for you, your family AND your friends!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Executive Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Hotel|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED