This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
The world-famous Inn at Little Washington continues to grow, and is seeking a talented and experienced Pastry Sous Chef.
The Inn at Little Washington, just 67 miles west of Washington D.C., a renowned 5 Star / 5 Diamond Relais & Chateaux country house hotel internationally renowned for Chef/Proprietor Patrick O'Connell's pioneering of Refined Regional American Cuisine, is a culinary oasis akin to visiting a Michelin starred restaurant in the European countryside. Established in 1978, The Inn is a member of Relais & Chateaux and their restaurant group Les Grands Chefs.
Patrick O'Connell's inspired American cuisine draws admirers from around the world and has been described by critics as "so good it makes you cry."
The Inn features an award winning 14,000 bottle wine cellar, which includes the finest offerings from Bordeaux, Burgundy, California and Virginia.
The late Craig Claiborne of The New York Times called it "the most magnificent inn I've ever seen--in this country or Europe--where I had the most fantastic meal of my life." Patrick's approach to cooking, while paying homage to the lawmakers of Classical French Cuisine, reflects a belief in "the cuisine of today", healthy, eclectic, imaginative, unrestricted by ethnic boundaries and always growing.
The Inn's menu changes daily and incorporates local and seasonal cuisine.
Menu items include:
- A Tin of Sin: American Osetra Caviar with Peekytoe Crab and Cucumber Rillette
- Carpaccio of Herb Crusted Baby Lamb with Caesar Salad Ice Cream
- Grilled Breast of Young Pigeon Marinated in Huckleberry Vinegar on a Zucchini Crepe
- Fricassee of Maine Lobster with Potato Gnocchi, Green Grapes and Curried Walnuts
- Pepper Crusted Tuna Capped with Seared Foie Gras on Charred Onions with a Burgundy Butter Sauce
- Pomegranate Molasses-Glazed Duck Breast with Roasted Cipollini Onions and Peppercorn-Cider Jus
- Pecan Crusted Barbecued Short Rib alongside a Miniature Filet Mignon Enrobed in Swiss Chard
- Juniper Crusted Venison Loin with Red Currents and Pain Perdu on a Tangle of Tart Greens
- Roast Pheasant on Savoy Cabbage Braised in Champagne with Truffle Jus
- Bitter Chocolate-Dusted Border Springs Lamb Loin on Salsify Pur?e with Ratatouille
- Pineapple-Lemongrass Sorbet with Pink Peppercorn Granita
- Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding and Almond Ice Cream Perfumed with Black Truffle
Awards and honors include:
- Four Star (highest) rating from the Washington Post Dining Guide
- Four-Star (highest) rating from Washingtonian Magazine
- Five-Star ratings from Forbes (formerly Mobil) for Accommodations (22nd year in a row) and Restaurant (21st year in a row), making it one of only 57 hotels and 25 restaurants nationwide to be so honored.
- Five-Diamond ratings from AAA for Restaurant (24th year in a row the longest-tenured Five-Diamond restaurant in the US) and Accommodations.
- Wine Spectator Grand Award (17th consecutive year)
- Rated #1 Restaurant in the Nation's Capital for Decor and Service by Zagat Survey
- Included on Conde Nast Traveler's Annual Gold List and Travel + Leisure Magazine's Top 500 Hotels for 2012
- Rated one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in the World by The International Herald Tribune.
- Five James Beard Awards including Best Chef in the Mid-Atlantic and Best Chef in the U.S.
- Mondavi Award for Culinary Excellence
JOIN THE TEAM
If you have a desire to work for the best and you can demonstrate the right background, attitude, and willingness to please people, we would like to hear from you!
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Northern Virginia, 67 miles west of Washington D.C., The Inn at Little Washington is a renowned Relais & Chateaux hotel and restaurant. It is the first establishment in the Forbes Travel Guide's history to ever receive 5 Stars for both its restaurant and accommodations, and has retained those ratings for over 20 years. This beautiful inn is an opulent country house hotel known for its taste of refined American cuisine.