| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Culinary Arts, Full-time Instructor (Fall 2012)|
|Company Name:||Mott Community College|
| || |
|Position Description:||Are you a Certified Executive Chef or Certified Culinary Educator looking for a new opportunity to make an impact on future culinary art professionals. Come join us in leading and training future chefs, foodservice managers, bakers, and restaurant managers. Mott Community College has recently been named a Top Ten Community College in the country by the Aspen Institute Community College Excellence Award. We are accepting applications for a Culinary Arts, Full-time Instructor to begin in the Fall of 2012. Faculty member will be responsible for teaching classes in all culinary arts and food management curriculum.|
Although full-time faculty are obligated to teach during fall and winter, the nature of their full-time job requires them to perform many of their professional responsibilities year-round. Faculty are required to maintain office hours and will make additional provisions for student consultations as may be necessary and reasonable.
For more information and application instructions, go to www.mott.jobs. MCC accepts online applications only via our website.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management, Education, Business Administration or related field.
2. A specialization in Culinary Arts within an appropriate bachelor's degree program or an associate's degree in Culinary Arts.
3. Two years of related work experience in the supervision and management of food service facilities and food preparation.
4. Certified Executive Chef or Certified Culinary Educator.
5. Understanding of and commitment to community college teaching, mission and philosophy.
6. Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and understanding the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
7. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
8. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
9. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
10. Technology Skills: Ability to integrate computer applications into teaching.
11. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and college objective and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with students, peers, staff, and administrators; skill in oral and written communication.
* A foreign degree must be certified, at the candidate's expense, by a professional evaluation service.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/szy359v
| || |
|Company Profile:||Mott Community College has recently been named a Top Ten Community College in the country by the Aspen Institute Community College Excellence Award. Don't miss your chance to join a college of choice. Since being founded in 1923, Mott Community College has established a tradition of excellence. From academics to athletics, from economic development to high technology, MCC is nationally recognized as a leading force. As the Flint Journal stated in a recent editorial, "Mott Community College is the backbone of higher education for Genesee County and beyond." Mott maintains a high level of integrity in its practices and relationships both internally and externally. The College's most important resources are the students it serves and the employees who provide those services. The College recognizes that educational experience is enriched through the interaction between students and employees of differing sex, race, ethnic background and abilities. |
MCC is located in the heart of Genesee County where diversity and culture are the true treasure of the area. Home to nearly 444,000 residents who enjoy enriching and inviting attractions and entertainment along with world-class sporting events. The pleasure of Michigan resides in the outdoors where action and fun collide. Our beautiful area offers 55 lakes for the whole family to enjoy fishing, camping, swimming, and other water activities. What's more, we are less than an hour from the Detroit area.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Culinary School: Instructor|
|Start Date: ||Autumn|
|Job Category: ||School|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||2 years|
|Education: ||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Michigan|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED