| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Senior Sous Chef|
|Company Name:||Marriott International|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||A place in the world with style like yours. Great benefits, training, opportunities for career growth and promotion.|
Bring your whole self to work. As an ambassador at the world?s leading lifestyle brand.
Position: Senior Sous Chef
Location: Phoenix Renaissance Downtown ? 50 East Adams Street ? Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Job Description: The Phoenix Renaissance Downtown seeks a Senior Sous Chef to join the Renaissance Team. The ideal candidate will be very passionate about Food & Beverage and have a desire to grow a career in culinary in hotels. They will have a proven history of leadership and a solid understanding of financials. We are looking for an experienced, fine dining and outlets Sr. Sous Chef to report to the Director of Hotel Operations.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience - High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. OR - 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and nurturing an inclusive culture.
You must apply on-line to be considered. Explore opportunities that fit your style at www.marriott.com/careers.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now" Then under ?Americas" choose the last link to "Americas - Management" which will open a new window. Click on "Visit Today" and the "Detailed Search" link and enter Job Opening Number ?765252". The job is listed as ?Senior Sous Chef". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and ?Password?
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Resort|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||4 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Arizona|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED