| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Assistant Sous Chef|
|Company Name:||Marriott International|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||A place in the world with style like yours. Great benefits, training, opportunities for career growth and promotion.|
Bring your whole self to work. As an ambassador at the world?s leading lifestyle brand.
Position: Assistant Sous Chef
Location: Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach - 4525 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, Florida 33140
Job Description: The Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach seeks an Assistant Sous Chef to join the Renaissance Team for the Cabana Kitchen.
Duties include: The ideal candidate will have:
- multi-outlet experience
- high volume experience
- Resort expertise
- up to date on culinary trends
- background in unique cuisine, from scratch cooking, farm to table concepts, (no chain, cookie cutter cuisine)
- strong leadership skills
Entry level management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily objectives in the kitchen. Leads staff while personally assisting in all areas of the kitchen, including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation. Position contributes to ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Relocation is available for this role.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area associates in high demand times.
- Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
- Ensures associates keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
- Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and timing of events and meals.
- Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure follow through.
- Supports and assists with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Education and Experience - High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major;
2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Benefits may include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, career advancement, hotel room discounts and more.
You must apply on-line to be considered. Explore opportunities that fit your style at www.marriott.com/careers.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the Apply Now Then under Americas choose the last link to Americas - Management which will open a new window. Click on "Visit Today" and the Detailed Search link and enter Job Opening Number 758573 The job is listed as Assistant Sous Chef. If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a User Name and Password
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Assistant Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Casual Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||2 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Florida|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED