| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Charcuterie Chef/Director of Production|
|Company Name:||Smoking Goose|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Job Description: The Smoking Goose is looking for a self-motivated production manager with a passion for food and the ability direct and manage a staff of 8-10 employees. The right candidate will be confident as a team leader, creative in new product development and comfortable with the needs of hospitality, retail and food service markets. Because we value not only the quality of our products but the relationships we have with our vendors, customers and employees we expect the right candidate to stress interpersonal relationships as the key to business operations. Success in this position will be measured on the basis of safety, inventory controls, product quality, product consistency, employee management, cost controls and account satisfaction. |
- HAACP certified (training will be provided by Smoking Goose)
- Comfortable with the HACCP plan, products, production practices, management and service elements that are unique to the Smoking Goose.
- Conduct regular associate meetings
- Attend an industry growth event at a minimum of once per year.
- Embrace and be a successful communicator on the products, production methods and standards of the Smoking Goose and Slow Food.
- Excel at demonstrating and communicating product knowledge.
- Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Represent company in a positive manner at all times.
- 50 hour work weeks
- Conduct business in an enthusiastic, honest and confident manner.
- Value the individual order, no matter how small. Ours is a referral business.
- Be accessible, inviting and personable to associates and customers.
- Quality control of products
- Sales forecasting
- Inventory controls according budget and forecasted sales
- Ensure order accuracy and timeliness
- Proactive approach to disciplinary action
- Mentor associates to be successful in their position
- Effective scheduling and management of labor
- Self-starter: internally driven by a desire to be successful in the food service business.
- Work closely with USDA inspector to accommodate requirements
- Implement and enforce HACCP
- Take a proactive approach to inspections, product quality and production
- Understand, manage and be accountable for production projections.
- Production of fresh items according to sales demands
- Effectively control the ageing process and timeliness of dry cured products
- Regularly conduct product testing
- Conduct product research and development
- Motivate sales of new products to sales representatives
- Monitor daily sales activities
- Monitor daily inventory
- Monitor quality assurance programs
Safety and Sanitation
- Sanitation manager will report directly to this position
- Maintain a clean, organized and sanitary working environment
- Maintain perfect sanitation scores
- Work closely with USDA and FDA to ensure a wholesome production environment
- Enforce a safe working environment for employees
| || |
|Company Profile:||Smoking Goose Meatery is the producer of handcrafted, flavor packed protein treats. Hailing from Indianapolis, we cure and smoke only healthy animals that have been raised on family owned farms by people who care as much about the well being of the animals and the land as they do their own families. |
We produce both traditional and unique carnivorous items that include salumi, fresh sausage, slow cured and smoked meats. In our methods we honor tradition by taking the time to seam butcher each animal, hand produce, hand tie and tend to each piece with the care and respect that our farmers practice in raising their animals.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||2 Weeks|
|Job Category: ||Other|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||3 years|
|Education: ||Associate Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Indiana|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED