| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||OMNI Employment Management Services, LLC|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||Our client, The American Restaurant (www.theamericankc.com) has attracted Kansas City diners for more than 40 years with a concept designed by the legendary James Beard, the father of American cooking, and Joe Baum, the restaurateur of the former Windows on the World in New York City. The American Restaurant has been consistently awarded both the AAA Four Diamonds and the Mobil Travel Guide Four Stars ratings?recognition of the highest levels of cuisine and hospitality.|
Currently, they are seeking a full time Sous Chef to be the right hand to their Executive Chef Debbie Gold, James Beard award winner and featured recently on Top Chef Masters.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of cooks and other food and beverage workers engaged in preparing and cooking food.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the kitchen
- Assists the Executive Chef in developing new menus
- Upholds all sanitation and operational procedures as required by company
- Maintains food costs and labor percentiles.
- Ensures that food quality is consistently maintained.
- Assists with scheduling, training, evaluating and counseling employees.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with customers and fellow employees
- Minimum of 2 years kitchen management experience
- Minimum of 2 years fine dining experience
- College degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred
- Have the ability to lead by example and train staff
- Passion for service and uncompromising desire to serve the highest quality food.
- Positive, winning attitude a must!
Our client offers an exceptional opportunity to learn from an award winning chef Debbie Gold recently featured on Iron Chef. They offer their employees excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, and generous paid time off by industry standards.
No relocation package is offered with this position.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Fine Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||2 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Missouri|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED