| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Chef Instructor - Baking & Pastry Rounds|
|Company Name:||New England Culinary Institute|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||The New England Culinary Institute is looking for an Rounds Chef Instructor for Baking & Pastry. The Rounds Chef Instructor is responsible for the educational training and evaluation of students, maintaining food quality and sanitation standards, controlling food cost, product utilization, participating in menu development and working as a team with other instructors and front-of-the-house managers. |
- Assist lead instructors with the development and maintenance of a curriculum for the assigned classes.
- Prepare lesson plans and present lectures.
- Evaluate student performance on a daily basis.
- Produce work in timely fashion meeting all deadlines for evaluations, internship calls, and any other projects and assignments.
- Develop menus and specials that offer the guest variety and are perceived as being a good value for the price.
- Develop menus and specials that recognize all assigned course standards and provides students the opportunity to practice them.
- Work to meet or exceed all budgeted goals for the operation. Take responsibility for developing initiatives to increase sales in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain the kitchen and student appearance in a professional and sanitary manner.
- Develop, implement and maintain a static menu based on the restaurant concept, active standards and guest desires.
- Honor special requests from guests whenever possible, modeling for the students the appropriate behavior and the importance of satisfying our guests.
- Act as faculty advisor to students with a focus on personal and academic progress, placement and career planning.
Minimum of an A.O.S. degree, Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Minimum of six years experience in the culinary field, preferably including responsibility for the management and operation of a commercial food service. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please apply at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=429989
| || |
|Company Profile:||New England Culinary Institute (NECI) is one of the leading culinary schools in the United States, and is located in Vermont. Most people can only dream of living and working in such a beautiful part of the country. If you are passionate about the culinary arts and about teaching, this can be a dream come true.|
We have more than 700 students and accredited Associate and Bachelor Degree and Certificate programs. Culinary students spend 75% of their education in hands-on experience in our food service operations, all open to the public. We operate restaurants, bakeries, bars, a statewide off-premise catering operation, non-commercial food services, and on-premise banquet/conference facilities while maintaining one of the lowest student to teacher ratios in culinary education.
Our faculty is made up of chefs and other industry professionals who are passionate about sharing their love for the food service industry and committed to training a new generation of professionals who will carry on old traditions and create new ones.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Executive Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||School|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||6 years|
|Education: ||Associate Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Vermont|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED