| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Stanford Dining|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.|
|Position Description:||Purpose of Position|
The Hospitality Manager reports to the General Manager of Lagunita Dining. This position has responsibility for supporting the General Manager in a dining operation. Provides and ensures level of quality and service to students, resident fellows, faculty customers and summer conferees. Supervisory duties include hiring, training, scheduling and supervising staff that includes both part time and full time cooks and servers.
Summary of Description
Plan, organize and manage a dining services operation within University Dining Services to include: residential student meals, executive dining and conference services. Supervise all special events. Direct and coordinate the work of casual employees. Maintain proper safety and sanitation standards.
The Hospitality Manager will provide support to the Dining operations in one or more of the following areas:
- Plan, develop and implement special events, theme dinners, and catered functions within the residence hall. Assist Associate Director as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein and designated within the Food Service Supervisors Job Series.
- Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and support staff. Handle corrective action process with Human Resources and make salary recommendations. Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals. Ensure the highest level of customer service. Respond to inquiries and concerns from faculty, staff, and students. Maintain and comply with University policies and procedures.
- Follows department policies and procedures. Provides and ensures level of quality and service to students, resident fellows, faculty customers and summer conferees.
- Supervisory duties include hiring, training, scheduling and supervising part-time staff. Conducts disciplinary actions as needed for part-time staff. Supervises full-time staff. Oversees meal services. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Responsible for purchasing food and supplies; adheres to department purchasing policies; reviews invoices, bulk order sales; maintains proper inventory controls for food, supplies and equipment.
- Creates innovative and fun programs and products. Plans and prepares special events and theme dinners; creates signage and graphics for upcoming events.
- Degree in Institutional Management, Nutrition, Dietetics, or Hotel and Restaurant Management, Certification by a recognized Culinary Institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary skills to include large quantity production. College or university dining service experience is preferred
- Must have 2-3 years of management experience in a food service facility
- Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills are required
- A proven track record of successfully controlling costs and managing annual budgets exceeding $1 million dollars
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not necessary
- Experience with a computerized menu management system, and knowledge of office and industry software applications is necessary
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a diverse work staff. Must have experience managing bargaining unit employees and knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours
- CA Drivers License
| || |
|Company Profile:||Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.|
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $206 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, and provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. Additionally, R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
?Students (Customers) First? is the mantra of R&DE and our strategic goals reflect our commitment to delivering quality and excellence to our constituents every day. In R&DE, ?Excellence is defined by aligning our strategic goals and performance with our vision.?
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Kitchen Manager|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||School|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||3 years|
|Education: ||Associate Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED