| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas|
| || |
|Position Description:||The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is going to be a different kind of hospitality career destination. Because we're taking the resort concept in a different direction.|
We enjoy the idea that our entire complex - the hotel, casino, restaurants, bars, spa, and pools - will turn heads. But it's our people who will keep the attention of our guests and make each experience special. How so? By focusing on the details that make the difference in each position.
Do you have a keen eye for culinary composition? As a Sous Chef, you will have the satisfaction of overseeing all aspects of a polished yet unpretentious dining arrangement. With your intricate layouts and delectable dishes you will cater to guests' sophisticated tastes, creating an experience they will savor long after they have taken the last bite.
* Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
* Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation and presentation.
* Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
* Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
* Administer production schedules and world class service requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
* Estimate amounts of costs and required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
* Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
* Instruct cooks and other CoStars in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
* Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that CoStars follow standards and regulations.
* Order or requisitions food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
* Follow all recipes, specs, and control procedures.
* Demonstrate new cooking techniques, recipes, and equipment to kitchen CoStars.
* Monitor guest satisfaction.
* Maintain professional grooming and appearance and acts as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
Two to three years multi-ethnic cooking experience.
High School diploma or equivalent. Culinary degree or formal apprenticeship required.
How will you open the eyes of our guests?
Cross the threshold into a unique kind of culinary career. Find out more and apply online now at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Resort|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||2 years|
|Education: ||High School|
|Job Location(s): ||Nevada|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED