| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Culinary Arts Instructor, Riverside Community College District|
|Company Name:||Touro University California|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||The Culinary Arts Instructor is responsible for lecture &/or laboratory instruction in Riverside Culinary Academy courses. The assignment may also include other courses in the discipline.|
EDUCATION: A minimum of an Associate's in Culinary Arts from an accredited institution. Must be ACF Certified Culinary Educator. Certified Executive Chef/Certified Executive Pastry Chef or higher level certification is preferred. (All degrees & units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 6 years of full-time industry experience is required. Experience with all aspects of running a culinary establishment (including dining room customer service, food preparation, galley line service instruction, inventory control & purchasing) is also required. Must possess experience in organizing banquets & catering special events. Three years of teaching experience in culinary arts is required. Community college or baccalaureate level teaching experience is also desired. Membership in the ACF & other professional organizations is preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Must be ACF Certified Culinary Educator. Certified Executive Chef/Certified Executive Pastry Chef or higher level certification is preferred.
Other: Evidence of sensitivity to & understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, & ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture & lab classes in the discipline.
2. The assignment included responsibility for functioning as a member of the Applied Technology team; networking with private industry & other agencies to develop partnerships & apprenticeships; marketing the Culinary Arts Program to feeder high schools & the community; & providing career guidance & support for culinary students seeking to enter this occupational area.
3. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, evaluation of students, committee work, curriculum & program development, & student activities.
4. Other responsibilities include maintain standards of professional conduct & ethics appropriate to the professional position.
5. Supervising student organizations & co-curricular activities is expected of all faculty members.
Conditions of Employment:
1. This is a 12-month, tenure track, position with a load of 3 FTE.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, & full-time teaching or equivalent experience. Compensation will be at 1 1/2 times the contract base salary ($81,490 - $125,554) .
3. Medical & dental benefits are provided for the employee & dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area & design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in community activities & participate in college committee work, student activities & other support services, & liaise with appropriate civic professional groups.
As an institution of higher education, we will award faculty Career & Technical Education for those who meet specific requirements as delineated in Administrative Procedure 4000.
Required Applicant Documents: Resume or Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, 2 Letters of Reference, Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents: 3rd Letter of Reference, Doctorate, Masters, Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Application Deadline: 11-11-2010. Interested candidates must apply by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time at http://jobs.rcc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52764
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Culinary School: Instructor|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||School|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||6 years|
|Education: ||Associate Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||California|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED