| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Sr. Banquet Chef|
|Company Name:||Hewitt Associates support Marriott International|
| || |
|Position Description:||Req 703216: Chef-Banquet-Senior|
Located northwest of Washington, D.C. in Maryland's Capital Region, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel is part of a thriving area with 200 restaurants, 20 art galleries and some of the best shopping in the area. Wisconsin Ave is accessible just outside the hotel for direct access to I-270 and 495 and an easy 2 mile drive to downtown Bethesda, MD where plenty of parking is available and its bustling streets are often hosting special events. We understand ease of transportation is a must, which is why we offer complimentary shuttle service to downtown Bethesda, local destinations like the NIH campus and White Flint Mall, and the Metro's Red Line which provides continuous service to downtown Washington, DC. With 399 luxuriously chic hotel rooms, 8 distinguished suites, 18,500 sq ft of flexible event space and state-of-the-art Washington, DC meeting rooms, our dedicated staff and hallmark service will provide you with the ideal venue for your Bethesda meeting or a lavish backdrop for your wedding reception in Maryland.
We are looking for an experienced hotel Sr. Banquet Chef. Please review the job description to apply.
*****RELOCATION is now being offered, Zone Two, Plan One.*********
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Accountable for coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sauteing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
| || |
|Company Profile:||Where do you want to go? From full-time to part-time, Bangkok to Boston and everywhere in between, Marriott International offers the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that?s right for you. With 3600 properties and 18 different brands, you?ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 71 countries and territories. |
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Our associates hail from dozens of countries and speak more than 50 languages.
Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott. To begin your journey, visit www.marriott.com/careers
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Hotel|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Northeast, USA; Maryland; District of Columbia|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED