| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||StarChefs.com is looking for a Senior Events Manager to oversee the International Chefs Congress (ICC). We are looking for a senior events planner with work experience as a chef and/or caterer. |
This is a full-time, year-round position that requires great communication skills, management experience, a persistent determination to get the job done, serious multi-tasking abilities and an unwavering attention to detail.
Familiarity with fine-dining, restaurant-caliber kitchen equipment, as well as chefs from around the world and their restaurants is a must. As Senior Events Manager you will play a major role in the execution of some of the industry's most important and prestigious culinary events in the United States.
- organize the 3-day ICC schedule, in coordination with the marketing, design, and editorial departments
- set and manage event budgets
- research potential venues and vendors
- coordinate invitations, website updates, presenter packs, volunteers, registration, signage, donated goods and ancillary events
- manage event production and vendors
- secure and negotiate hotel and travel partners as well as oversee travel and hotel for chefs and their assistants with a strong eye for budget
- determine and provide chefs equipment and food needs for their demonstrations and tastings
- leading the StarChefs.com team in weekly event meetings and coordinating among departments (marketing, publicity, design, editorial) to organize and execute complex events
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years event planning experience
- several years of experience in the culinary industry, preferably fine dining and back-of-house
- management experience
- a college degree and preferably a culinary school degree as well
- a balance of energy and ability to remain calm during a very chaotic event and period of preparation for that event
- great communication skills
- experience working in a non-traditional small office environment
- basic French and/or Spanish a plus
StarChefs.com is a focused yet relaxed, non-corporate company with a high-energy office dynamic and a food-centric office culture. If you're they type of person who needs and "in-box" of paperwork and memos on your desk, this is not the position for you, but if your dream is to plan culinary events with chefs around the country, then we'd love to meet you!
DON'T just send us your resume. Check out our online magazine and tell us why you are the best candidate for the job. Please include salary requirements in cover letter. No applicant will be considered without a detailed cover letter.
| || |
|Company Profile:||StarChefs.com, the magazine for culinary insiders, has been serving the restaurant industry since 1995. |
StarChefs.com's original culinary content is driven by in-person tastings and interviews across the world. Its mission is to catalyze culinary professionals' success and give them the tools they need to overcome their specific challenges. In addition to featuring top chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, StarChefs.com's JobFinder is the leading job board connecting culinary and hospitality professionals to careers in the foodservice industry.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Public Relations|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||New York|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED