| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||DC Central Kitchen|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||This job is for a motivated chef who wants to use their food skills to help create change in the lives of thousands of people. DC Central Kitchen is a visionary organization that is creating new boundaries for how those in need are served. DCCK is looking for a bold chef to lead the kitchen on its path towards greater use of local foods and to develop new profit opportunities to support the important work of the Kitchen.|
Fresh Start Catering was the first social enterprise venture of DC Central Kitchen. Recently, that business has developed and expanded to include contract food service for schools and day care centers. Production of processed produce and bulk sauces for wholesale alongside a retail line is anticipated in the near future. The FS Culinary Director will work in a leadership role, driving culinary development and standard operating procedures. Our goal is to ensure a consistent, quality product line while delivering unprecedented customer service across the entire Fresh Start line of business.
The FS Culinary Director will work in a mentorship and training role with the Revenue Generating Chefs, while having direct over-sight of the overall Fresh Start umbrella. In addition, the FS Culinary Director will work with our Local Procurement Coordinator and Material Control Receiver (MCR). This position will maintain and continue to develop the relationships we currently have with the local farms, while establishing a more robust network with growers and end users.
DCCK continues to be a leader with local foods and sustainability programs while committing to environmental and nutrition education. The FS Culinary Director interfaces with various departments to include: Kitchen Operations, Culinary Job Training, Partner Relations, Transportation, Human Resources and Finance. This position requires a high level of professional integrity with a strong ability to influence others while fundamentally "leading by example."
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works closely with the Director of Revenue Generating Programs (DRGP) to establish Fresh Start Catering?s culinary goals based on DCCK initiatives as well as client objectives.
* Responsible for optimizing and maintaining food and labor costs and net profit margin, based on forecasted targets.
* Responsible for implementation of training programs that enhance Fresh Start's culinary abilities, catering menu knowledge and customer relationship skills.
* Works closely with the DRGP to strengthen agency and school partnerships while maximizing food quality and customer service.
* Works directly with the Catering Executive Chef and the Event and Catering Sales Team on seasonal, local and sustainable menu enhancements.
* Takes the lead with HACCP development and Safe Food Handling Training.
* Establishes open lines of communication between all departments and is organizationally a team player. Cross utilizes DCCK and FS culinary staff when needed to maximize training and exposure while minimizing cost.
* Works with Culinary Operations and Procurement on cross-utilization of common products (specifically local produce) to streamline cost.
* Seeks new and innovative food presentations. Work closely with the Catering Chef and the Event and Catering Sales Team on buffet design and equipment layout for off-site catering and drop-offs.
* Works with the CEO and DRGP to develop new programs, businesses and social enterprise ventures.
* Manage a satellite commissary space currently in development.
For more information on the DC Central Kitchen, please see our website: www.dccentralkitchen.org
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Other|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||6 years|
|Education: ||Commensurate experience|
|Job Location(s): ||District of Columbia|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED