This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Applicants to this position must reside within a 90 mile radius of the property.
THE STAGE IS YOURS. LIVE YOUR PART.
We are looking for the following professional to join our team:
Ideal candidate will effectively assist in the operation of prepared sushi and all aspects of the kitchen operation to maintain and develop the high quality of food.
Example of Duties:
* Oversee production and assist with the preparation of food
* Create and revise all basic recipes with Chef de Cuisine
* Act as liaison with restaurant managers and serving staff
* Monitor occupancy forecasts to minimize waste and spoilage
* Arrange and organize culinary staff for outside catering and buffet attendance
* Provide recipes, training, and experience to all staff to adhere to the quality standards of the department
* Ensure all stations are properly set prior to service and make the necessary corrections if needed
* Ensure food is handled, processed, and stored in accordance with the HACCP program
* Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel
* Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel
* Ensure compliance by all culinary personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures
* Plan, manage, and monitor work as well as hiring, communicating, coaching staff, and building relationships
* Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, HACCP and all kitchen equipment operations
* Ability to read, write, and understand English and ability perform basic/intermediate math skills
* Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests
* Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
Benefits include a choice of health care coverage options, retirement savings plans and disability coverage. In addition, we offer time off, paid and unpaid, and the use of our employee dining room. Eligibility for the various benefit programs is based on status, job classification and length of service.
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life & Disability Insurance
* Paid time off for six holidays throughout the year
* Two weeks of paid vacation after one year of employment, three weeks after five years
*Three paid sick days for hourly employees after the completion of one full CALENDAR year
* One free meal each workday
* Individuals hired into classifications covered by the collective bargaining agreement will receive benefits as provided in the agreement.
BE WHO YOU ARE BRING WHAT YOU HAVE EXPRESS YOURSELF
Explore Career Opportunities At Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Apply Online At: www.fontainebleau.com
At the direction of culinary celebrities from around the globe, Fontainebleau Miami Beach offers 11 fine dining and casual restaurants and lounges. The resort presents exciting culinary concepts developed, created and prepared daily on-site.
Signature dining experiences include Gotham Steak by Michelin-star chef Alfred Portale, Chef owner at New York's Gotham Bar and Grill. Portale was named "Most Outstanding Chef" by the James Beard Foundation in 2006. Scarpetta by Scott Conant, The James Beard award recipient has created a regional Italian menu that combines the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine. Hakkasan is recognized as the pioneering concept that single-handedly changed the face of Chinese cuisine within the UK. The award-winning restaurant has made its U.S. debut at Fontainebleau offering diners authentic Cantonese fare. La Cote by international culinary celebrity Sean O'Connell, offers a lively atmosphere inspired by the Cote d'Azure. La Cote serves cocktails, tapas and fresh seafood, salads and desserts.