This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
*Craigie On Main: Award-Winning Restaurant and Bar in Cambridge, MA
You probably know of Craigie on Main as a go-to spot for uncompromisingly local, artisanal, and seasonal cuisine. Lately our 12-seat bar has earned a similar reputation. If these values are yours, this could be your dream job. Our bar program focuses on unexpected renditions of old classics, house-made infusions, and offerings from tiny artisanal distilleries. Our wine list is exclusively Old World with lesser-known, value-for-money, food-friendly wines. For beers, we look to small producers.
You will work hard, but both your creativity and management skills will be encouraged. You will become expert in our cuisine as well as in your drinks. You can expect both your business and culinary skills to take a quantum leap upward. And - if you dream of running your own bar some day, this is the place to learn how to make your dream come true.
* You?ll Love our Awards *
The Chef, Tony Maws, is a James Beard Award nominee, who received Boston Magazine's Best of Boston award for "Best Locavore? 2008, ?Best Chef!" 2007 and "Best Restaurant" 2006, as well as Food & Wine?s ?Best New Chef 2005?. The new Bar has won awards from many local and national publications in 2009.
* You?ll Love Working in Our ?Dream? Location *
Imagine yourself at work in our great new facility with a new KoldDraft ice machine, dedicated walk-in, temperature-controlled wine room, and access to a deluxe high tech kitchen and gadgets such as a cryovac machine. Plus, you?ll have access to all the produce, herbs, and spices purchased for the restaurant..
* You?ll Love Your Responsbilities * In addition to being charming, charismatic, creative, and able to work at the speed of light (!), you must have an old-fashioned work ethic and respect for our craft. You MUST be highly organized, have an obsession for accuracy and detail, and a track record of sound financial management.
* You?ll Love our Philosophy *
Craigie On Main is a family-owned restaurant. It is an intense, warm, democratic, non-corporate place to work. Our service and ambience are comfortable and friendly -- like a dinner party at home with close friends. No one is too lofty to do anything at Craigie and no job is too big or too small, so prima donnas need not apply
* You?ll Love Your Package *
Salary and benefits are comprehensive, competitive and flexible. Schedules are reasonable and flexible. You can expect vacation and holidays, and other great perks. Because we are among the most consistently busy restaurants in the area you can expect your take-home to be extremely attractive. .
* You?ll Love the Convenience * We are just a 5minute walk from Central Square T and there is easy parking nearby .
* For more information * Please visit us at http://www.craigieonmain.com/. After checking our Website and bar and restaurant menus, it would be helpful if your reply could describe what it is about our specific restaurant that appeals to you. We will be happy to arrange a ?stage ASAP. Reply to CSBchef@aol.com.
Award-Winning Chef and Restaurant famous for artisinal, nose-to-tail, seasonal and locavore cuisine and bar