| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:|| Description|
Chicago based fine-dining, off-premise catering company seeking an enthusiastic, highly qualified Executive Chef to supervise and organize a high-volume kitchen, develop customized menus and recipes, as well as oversee proper food safety and sanitation procedures. Executive Chef contributes to building top line sales and profitability through premium customer service and exceeding industry standards. The ideal candidate must be able to produce gourmet, restaurant quality food in very high volume and be able to accommodate sales in excess of 13 million annually. Executive Chef must be able to work as a team member alongside managers from the operations and sales departments.
Requirements Qualified Applicants Must:
* Develop recipes with the understanding of consumer tastes and expectations while anticipating emerging food trends. Extensive knowledge of international cuisines required. International travel and work experience is a plus.
* Improve menu quality and consistency by analyzing food production records and menu expenses. Create original presentations for plated and buffet services.
* Provide leadership, training and expertise to sous-chef, kitchen supervisors and kitchen staff. Must be able to manage over 60 kitchen employees. Bilingual is preferable (English and Spanish)
* Background in off-premise catering, with knowledge of preparation and reheating methods.
* Experience purchasing and maintaining inventory, quality of ingredients and kitchen equipment. Able to lower food and labor costs through effective purchasing and scheduling.
* Able to take ownership for activities and developments of the kitchen, all changes made and implemented to current work flow, as well as controlling productivity.
* Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures in compliance to federal, state and local regulations; HACCP knowledge and training a plus. Must have current ServSafe Certification.
* Know how to use Microsoft Office and feel comfortable working on computers. Knowledge of Costguard and Caterease programs is a plus.
Applicants must also work well under pressure, be organized, flexible, self-motivated, willing to work long hours, and have a great sense of humor.
Applicants should have a degree in the culinary arts or extensive experience in the kitchen.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Executive Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Catering|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||6 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Illinois; Midwest, USA|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED