| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Culinary Chef Instructor|
|Company Name:||Johnson & Wales University|
| || |
|Position Description:||The Denver Campus opened as the western anchor to the university network in 2000, in a traditional university setting of 26 park-like acres just minutes from downtown Denver. With the majestic Rocky Mountains as a backdrop, our students develop life skills on a campus that has been home to students for more than hundred years ? yet they learn and study in modernized business and academic classrooms and all new culinary labs unrivaled in the western states.|
Hands-on learning is an integral part of education at JWU. Our culinary programs offer students hands-on experiences both in the classroom and on the job. In small classroom settings, students train on industry-specific software and are immersed in industry best practices.
Students are instructed in a hands-on fashion in real-life industry kitchens, learning and practicing a wide variety of culinary skills, and the use of both standard and advanced industry equipment. Students learn front- and back-of-house skills essential to the creation of a memorable dining experience.
We are looking for a new faculty member to join our College of Culinary Arts.
Prepares and delivers relevant and current curriculum using a variety of teaching methods and standardized assessment tools that accurately reflect effectiveness of course content.
- Measures student understanding of course content in an objective fashion
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic achievement, and performance
- Distributes to each student, in each course, a full, typewritten syllabus regarding course objectives, texts, attendance policy, and materials required for course and evaluative criteria
- Posts and maintains regular and adequate hours for student consultation
- Participates in the university faculty advising program
- Refers students to appropriate university sources for information, guidance, financial assistance, career development, etc.
- Communicates early with any student in danger of failure or in need of individual counseling
- Attends scheduled faculty meetings, department meetings, faculty orientation, in-service programs, and committee meetings of which they are members
- Serves as committee member as assigned by the department chair, director, or as elected by the faculty members at large
- Participates in university events as required
- Supports extracurricular activities by attendance and/or service as an advisor
- Attends commencement and convocation ceremonies in appropriate academic attire, as well as other programs designated by the department chair or director
- Maintains sanitation and facility standards within a commercial kitchen environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an associate's degree from an institution of higher education
- Minimum of eight years of industry work experience in a related field of work with five years' supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of cooking methods such as saut?, steaming, braising, stewing and frying
- Thorough knowledge of ice carving and garde manger
- Oral and bench test interviews
- Advanced degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Nutrition focused background and credentials
- Teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary education level
To apply for this position please go to http://work.jwu.edu and apply to REQ # 1447.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Culinary School: Instructor|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||School|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||7-10 years|
|Education: ||Associate Degree|
|Job Location(s): ||Colorado|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED