| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Southwind Country Club|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||CHEF - SOUTHWIND COUNTRY CLUB|
We are seeking a quality food service professional to lead our kitchen staff and improve our food service operation. The key attributes that we are looking for include:
- A winning personality with excellent people skills
- A passion for food
- Creativity with a desire for excellence
- The ability to train and develop team members
- The ability to manage all aspects of the kitchen and food service operation, including: banquet and ala carte food preparation, menu development, menu pricing, purchasing, inventory controls, and sanitation
- A true team player who can work well with others and coordinate activities with other personnel and departments
- A willingness to go above and beyond to give our members and guests a memorable dining experience
- A culinary degree is preferred, or outstanding experience
- Previous experience in a private club or country club is desirable
- Experience in many of the following areas is desired: banquet prep/service, ala carte luncheon and dinner service, saute, garde manger, baking/pastry - in short a well-rounded background
- Excellent presentation skills
- Hands-on working chef, involved in daily food preparation and service
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is helpful
- Excellent communication skills
Southwind Country Club offers both formal and casual dining on two levels.
Our casual Grill Room is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. year round, with expanded hours during the summer. Menu offerings are mainly simple breakfast items, sandwiches, burgers, and salads. Summer hours can be from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. depending upon traffic.
On the club's main floor we offer a full-service dining experience in either our informal or formal dining rooms. Typical fare includes steaks, seafood, pasta, appetizers, chef's specials, and more. Lunch is available Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 to 1:30, with dinner service available Tues. through Sat. from 6 to 9 p.m. (6 to 10 p.m. on summer weekends). We also offer Sunday Brunch and large family buffets on Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and on other occasions as needed.
The club is available for banquet functions, wedding receptions, buffets, and other private functions as needed.
Competitive salary and benefits including health insurance, paid time off, 401k, club privileges, bonus package, and relocation assistance will be offered to the right candidate.
| || |
|Company Profile:||SOUTHWIND COUNTRY CLUB|
There is a reason for the name at Southwind Country Club. The Golf Course was designed in the mid 1970?s with one overriding factor in mind. In Southwest Kansas, the wind blows from the South often and briskly. Taking that into account, the course was laid out in the rolling sand hills south of Garden City, Kansas to take advantage of the elements.
Opened in 1980, Southwind Country Club is a private country club with a reputation for fine dining, elegant ambiance, and especially for its? eighteen hole championship golf course.
The Club facilities are located within the exclusive Southwind Development, Garden City?s finest residential community, just two miles south of Garden City, Kansas.
Southwind Country Club features a championship course, designed by Don Sechrest, reminiscent of Scottish Links. The course features greens, tee boxes and fairways of Bent grass, a rarity in Kansas. The course measures 6,920 yards and has been rated by Golf Digest Magazine as the seventh ranked private course in the state.
The Club also features a beautiful Clubhouse with an atmosphere of quiet elegance, camaraderie and conviviality for the top business, professional, and academic leaders of Southwest Kansas. It houses three lovely dining rooms, lounge, meeting rooms, grill, men?s and ladies locker rooms, and a Pro Shop featuring the latest in golf equipment and attire.
An oversized swimming pool with adjacent bath house offers members of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the refreshing water as well as the generous sunning areas.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Working Executive Chef|
|Start Date: ||Negotiable|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Upscale Casual|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Kansas|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED