This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.
Food For Thought, Chicago's leading provider of food service offerings, including fine catering, contract dining, management and event planning is looking for an experienced Executive Pastry Chef to join our management team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1) Develop, maintain, and keep current the Food For Thought pastry offerings. These offerings include but are not limited to: plated desserts, breakfast breads, cookies, bars, petite sweets, mignardise, dessert action stations, cakes, tarts, petit fours, candies and individual pastries
2) Develop and maintain Specialty Pastry Packages. These offerings include but are not limited to: Bar / Bat Mitzvah Packages; Dessert Action Stations; Holiday Dessert Packages; Breakfast Packages and Wedding Packages.
3) Develop and maintain Pastry Products for distribution to Food for Thoughts Food Service Management Outlets when required.
4) Development of recipes, appropriate costs, yields, and suggested selling prices.
5) Presentation of new menu items on a regular basis at tastings with the culinary team, menu meetings and in-house tasting events.
6) Creation of Weekly/Daily Pastry Production Schedules based on booked event sheets.
7) Review with Executive Chef all pertinent information generated from Weekly Menu Meeting.
8) Co-ordinate with Executive Sous Chef and Communicate concerning all Change Slips and Menu Meeting Information.
9) Delegate and Co-ordinate Responsibilities of the execution of the Production List to the Pastry Staff to ensure that production standards, quantities and schedules are met.
10) Maintains Open Communication with Production Team and Executive Chef of quality standards and operational concerns of off-premise events
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in related field and a minimum of 6 - 8 years experience as a Pastry Chef. The ideal candidate will come from a high volume business in the catering or hotel industry.
Excellent benefit package for the right candidate including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Profit Sharing, and more.
This is a Full Time permanent salaried position.
If you are a positive, aggressive and dynamic person looking for the next step in your culinary career, then this is the job for you! Please apply today!
Launched in 1983, Food For Thought (www.FoodForThought-Chicago.com) is a leading provider of food service offerings, including fine catering, contract dining management and event planning. For more than 20 years, our recipe for success has been simple: We combine epicurean mastery, client focus and operational excellence to consistently deliver the unexpected. We have access to the most distinctive venues and are the exclusive food service providers for Chicago?s Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum and ThunderHawk Golf Club.
Our Food For Thought Cafe concept has been designed to surpass client expectations from the ordinary. With contemporary merchandising, innovative fresh menus and a focus on expedient service, this concept has been well received by our clients. We serve work place environments, the finest city museums, golf course programs and university culinary programs.