| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Congress Culinary Director|
| || |
|This position requires candidates to have a US work permit. Please do not apply if you are not legally able to work in the United States.|
|Position Description:||StarChefs.com is looking for a Culinary Director for the International Chefs Congress (ICC). We are looking for a chef and/or caterer with event planning experience. |
This is a full-time, year-round position that requires great communication skills, a persistent determination to get the job done, serious multi-tasking abilities and an unwavering attention to detail. This is a hands on job, so if you need a staff to direct - this is not the position for you!
Familiarity with fine-dining, restaurant-caliber kitchen equipment, as well as chefs from around the world and their restaurants is a must. As Culinary Director for the 3rd Annual Congress you will play a major role in the execution of one of the industry's most important and prestigious culinary events in the United States.
- organizing the 3-day schedule, in coordination with the marketing and editorial departments
- gathering bios, photos, recipes and presentation information from each of the presenting chefs
- arranging travel and hotel for chefs and their assistants with a strong eye for budget
- determining and providing chefs? equipment and food needs for their demonstrations
- leading the StarChefs team in weekly Congress meetings and coordinating among departments (marketing, publicity, design, editorial) to organize and execute an enormous event
- recipe testing recipes we publish in printed collateral
What we are looking for:
- 5 years of experience in the culinary industry, preferably fine dining and preferably back-of-house
- a college degree and/or culinary school degree
- a balance of energy and ability to remain calm during a very chaotic event and period of preparation for that event
- great communication skills
- 5 years event planning or catering experience
- basic French and/or Spanish a plus
StarChefs.com is a focused yet relaxed, non-corporate company with a high-energy office dynamic and a food-centric office culture. If you're they type of person who needs and "in-box" of paperwork and memos on your desk, this is not the position for you, but if your dream is to plan culinary events with chefs around the country, then we'd love to meet you!
DON'T just send us your resume. Check out our online magazine and tell us why you are the best candidate for the job. Please include salary requirements in cover letter. No applicant will be considered without a detailed cover letter.
| || |
|Company Profile:||StarChefs.com, the magazine for culinary insiders, has been serving the restaurant industry since 1995. |
StarChefs.com's original culinary content is driven by in-person tastings and interviews across the world. Its mission is to catalyze culinary professionals' success and give them the tools they need to overcome their specific challenges. In addition to featuring top chefs, pastry chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, StarChefs.com's JobFinder is the leading job board connecting culinary and hospitality professionals to careers in the foodservice industry.
| || |
|Job Profile: |
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Public Relations|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Compensation: ||Commensurate with Experience|
|Experience: ||5 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||Northeast, USA; New York|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED