| ||Detailed information on the job you requested is shown below.|
To return to your search results, CLICK HERE.
|Company Name:||Hospitality Advisory Services|
| || |
|Position Description:||Sous Chef, Ocino |
The Sous Chef will help develop and manage the food program in concert with beverage programs to maximize sales and profitability of Ocino under the direction of the Executive Chef. These are "working" Sous Chef oppurtunities, whereby daily duties will include setting up the line, line checks and station roatation. Additional duties are as follows:
1. Assisting Executive Chef in menu development from the ground up.
2. Development and implementation of all kitchen/food related policies, in writing, including vendor selection, ordering, receiving, storage rotation and product usage.
3. Development of written procedures and checklists for production, preperation and cleaning.
4. Providing written kitchen work rules and general objectives.
5. Develop brief job descriptions, in writing for each positions.
6. Recruit, interview and reference check all culinary candidates.
7. Training and development of all kitchen related personnel.
8. Develop sanitation guidelines, procedures and checklists for the kitchen and kitchen related areas, including trash and delivery areas.
9. Schedule and conduct kitchen meetings.
Depending upon experience as well as competitive medical benifits available
At least 2-3 years experience in fine dining, high volume first class enviorments.
Must understand classic and contemporary Italian cooking preparation and be passionate about quality.
Must love food and wine.
Must have strong working knowledge of cost control and culinary accounting.
Specific responsibilities in the short term include, but are not limited to:
Staffing of the Ocino and management of the start-up to accomplish an on time, within budget, opening in November, 2004.
Recruitment of other culinarians for the positions of, line and prep cooks
Under the guidance of the company's administrative staff, create and implement the necessary policies and business procedures to assure bottom line results, an on-going profitable business and a corporate culture providing a healthy foundation for rapid growth.
|Job Profile: |
|Position: ||Sous Chef|
|Start Date: ||Immediate|
|Job Category: ||Restaurant - Fine Dining|
|Job Type: ||Full-time|
|Experience: ||2 years|
|Education: ||Culinary Arts Degree Preferred|
|Job Location(s): ||New Jersey|
THIS JOB LISTING HAS EXPIRED